Recent

Wishing away winter

1 comment

A pause between posts lasting this long could only be a result of these things... Coldness in the air… snowy mornings that last long into the night… cups of rich cocoa, thick clothing that engulfs our bodies... or simply put... WINTER.
         For Some, Winter is a like a trip to Disney World. A cheery magical wonderland where Groundhogs and Baby New Year take Mickey Mouse and Bambi’s place. Where twirling tea cup saucers are replaced with sledding saucers that move down icy hills at the speed of light. For Some, Winter is just lovely.
I, on the other hand find my delights far from drab colors, lack of sun light, and frozen-over wind shields. My disgust for winter doesn’t touch on Christmas. In fact, I yearn for holiday decorating and entertaining…both which turned out incredible this year! However, when the tree comes down and the soiree appetizer calories add up….I find myself wanting to skip right over the cold months ahead and dream of nothing but pool side Saturday’s and porch swing Sundays.
              While there is plenty of inspiration in the winter, or so I’ve been told, I decided in November to pull out my writing strike card.  What can say? There is a picture of a hot pink umbrella on an island beach at the top of this blog, not a grey umbrella weighed down in snow! Vowing not to give in to Winter, I have saved my creative energies for the months to come!
                 Flurries filled the air yesterday morning, but thoughts of Spring have clouded my outlook! Visions of light, breezy fabrics have reclaimed our favorite shops again, masking the drab heavy textures that consumed the past months. Cheery boutique window displays are silently cursing the weather amongst us and begging sunny days to bring anxious shoppers in to stock up for Spring!
           This Spring, I invite you to become a regular reader of The Raspberry Umbrella. Dive into these blog entries to find an unfolding story. The love story between Style and Life. It really is a beautiful relationship and with any help from the weather….it’s going to be an unstoppable one!

1 comment :

  1. Hello Amy,
    While browsing around I found your blog, and Congratulations for your blog and let me tell you that I was thrilled to see u chose "Nostalgic Pink Umbrella"and that you actually give credit for it, (not many people do that).
    Let's keep in touch.

    Sincerely,
    Pedro Maccise
    pmaccise@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete