Recent

A twisted and tied idea.....

1 comment
There are certain friends that everyone needs in their lives. These people are creative and can lend the helping stylish hand when you're at an idea standstill. My friend Katie Zimmerman as I mentioned in my Summer Daze entry is great with entertaining ideas. Lyndsey Marr- a master at home interior picks. Harlena Walters can turn any outfit into a Ten by just adding one of her fabulous pairs of shoes! And then there's Erin Drawdy; Ms. Queen of craft herself.
Last night a large crowd celebrated our friend Jamie's birthday. When cake and gift time rolled around Jaime opened several cards and clever gifts. What was impossible to miss was the brightly wrapped gift box from Erin, in a sort of fabric material sitting so pleasantly loud in the middle of the table. I admit before Jaime opened the mystery box I was quite puzzled by the wrapping technique, but it became oh-so-clear when she pulled the knotted bows with their tassels apart....It turns out the wrapping was made from one of the ever-so - popular scarves that everyone is wearing in the midst the of 90 degree heat hysteria. Though I make the heat remark with sarcasm, I admit I'm a sucker for the stylish and affordable finds. My drawers feature colors and prints of every sort. I just can't imagine being happier if my gift wrap was indeed part of my actual present! Jamie received cute accessories inside the box but the scarf definitely was the key find!
Another great way to wrap a scarf is by using a square silk one. These are great finds at vintage stores. Example pictured with orange silk scarf. My personal wrapping tips: Stock up on bright colored scarves at Forever 21. They range from 5.99- 14.99. (pictured middle left) Longer scarves will be better for more rectangular boxes while the silk scarves will be good for your square boxes. You may want to iron the scarf first if it isn't a naturally wrinkled up material (as many of them actually are). Practice with a few different knot-tying techniques before you settle on one. I practiced on a creal box (above hounds tooth scarf and left brown scarf). This can be a little tricky. Lastly, if your gift needs a little something extra, try finding a broach or a silk flower to pin on and complete the look, as I did with a pink Broach on the above hounds tooth scarf. I've absolutley found a reason not to settle on those impersonal gift bags, but instead try out some seriously fashionable gift...or should I say "scarf" wrap!

1 comment :

  1. i LOVE this idea!! I am definitely going to use a scarf when I wrap my next gift. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete