Recent

It's Fella Friday in the South

3 comments
Well Ladies, (and my well appreciated Gentlemen readers), I’m dedicating Friday to the Guys. It’s simple; A little something for the Fella’s and the Girls who love them. This Fella Friday I’d like to chat about the beach. Do you notice when you go way down South, or to the East Coast there is a different way about the way many guys look and dress? I have a handful of guy friends who would label these types of men as preppy frat boys who need to man up and ditch the pastel shirts and Sperry Boat Shoes. Well, I have my own label for them. Confident. We all know it takes a real man to wear pink and it takes the shear attitude of “I’ve got it completely together and don’t care what you think of me” to wear starfish on his bow tie. I think there’s potential for a guy to overdo this look, but in moderation it can be incredibly appealing.
Charleston and Sea Side don’t have to be the only cities with Men walking down cobblestone streets in Sear Sucker Suits and Shorts embroidered with Little Red Lobsters. Fortunately a very impressive company, Southern Proper, is making it possible for men all over the South to get the “Just walked off a Boat in Nantucket” look! Check them out at http://www.southernproper.com/ or visit their site on Facebook. The two women who created this company consider it to be a tradition of Southern Men, in particular, to possess sophisticated and influential attire leading to their status of Southern Gentlemen. Southern Proper is a “southern-inspired line of clothing, neckties, bow ties and accessories for men who have a deep appreciation for style and heritage.”
While there are well thought out designs and color combinations in these collections, There are items that I’d steer clear from. While I’m not crazy about all the prints, I do think it’s a good idea for guys to go out on a limb and have fun with clothing. My advice….You don’t have to take on the lifestyle of a “Southern Proper male” completely, but why not splurge on one tie that is different from what everyone else is wearing? As I mentioned in my post to the ladies a few days ago…Uniqueness and confidence, if attained together is a set of qualities to be heavily admired…..No matter what print is on your tie.

All outfits, bow tie and neck tie: See Southernproper.com for vendor locations .

3 comments :

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog Amy! You have such impeccable taste! I have a blog too, but I just write every now and then when I feel the urge to write a long story :) Miss you and love you friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I took a look at your blog. Very readable and interesting posts!! I'll be a regular follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post a lot. I am always astounded by the attention some Southern gentlemen give their attire. And I'm a firm believer that bow ties look good on anyone whose head is larger than their neck!

    ReplyDelete